Do You Need A “One Off’ Job
If you import or export on a fairly irregular basis then this is where you want to start.
It is not just about asking for a freight rate. The rate does not and should not determine how you send your cargo.
There are always other considerations –
- What are you exporting or importing
- What are the dimensions and weight of your cargo.
- When do you want the cargo to arrive.
- Is the cargo ready to ship.
- Do you require local transport.
- Do you require customs clearance.
- Do you have insurance.
- If Importing has the supplier nominated the freight forwarder – this is not always the best idea. If it is your freight – you must control the cargo. Then you are in control of and aware of all fees and charges.
- These and more questions need to be considered before you do anything, it is not just about the freight rate.
All cargo, no matter how big or small, needs to be thought of through this lens.
What are some examples of one off jobs?
- Machinery import or export – industrial, domestic or agricultural machinery.
- Self pack containers for international relocations.
- Export of your car to NZ, UK, Japan, Asia, Europe, North or South America and so on.
- Importation of commercial goods or samples from a new supplier.
- And of course any type of freight which is not ‘regular’.
This is why we offer you a freight plan. You know what you want, we make it happen.
Click on the links below to read more about…