Call Us 02 8544 8986

Tap To Call
Home » Moving Overseas » Council regulations and packing your container

Council regulations and packing your container

There is always a misconception about what you can do and when you can do this.

If we are to bring a container to you for you to load, then there are certain rules we have to adhere to.

Firstly, if we are to bring a container to you by sideloader and place this on the ground, then it MUST be on private property.

A sideloader will discharge to the right hand side of the truck. There MUST be hardstand for both the truck and the container. You would need about 30′ of space for the truck and the container, and there MUST NOT be any overhead wires.

Secondly, we CANNOT drop a container on council land (median strips, roads etc) unless you have a permit from your local council and you send a copy to us beforehand.

Unfortunately there are all sorts of compliance, insurance and other legal requirements that prevent us from doing this otherwise.

Thirdly, we can bring a container on the back of a truck to you, and park on the street or in your drive. The main issue for you is that this container is about a meter off the ground. we would only have the driver – no extra labour. You would have to provide all other labour and services. Not only that, the truck and driver would charge you per hour. and if you wanted a Saturday or Sunday, you will have penalty rates to pay.

Or, you can arrange for a removalist to load out of your house, and transload the goods into a container at our nominated container depot. You could bring any vehicles or boats and so on directly to the depot yourself for the removalists to load, or we could load and secure your vehicle into the container at cost firstly if required.

Please discuss this matter with us, and we will advise you of your options and how best for you to do this.